A couple of weeks ago I sowed six cell trays with six different types of plant seeds. I put them in the greenhouse and waited for the magic to happen. Fast forward to now and we’ve had some progress:
- Pansy x Wittrockiana: 14-21 days – none have germinated, not one, not impressed
- Digitalis Camelot Cream: 14-30 days – a small handful of seedlings, not a stunning germination rate though
- Agastache Anisata: 1-4 months - perhaps months should have read weeks as there are several seedlings
- Dierama (Slieve Donard hybrids): 1-6 months – a couple have germinated, the rest may take some time
- Physostegia Virginiana: “very slow and irregular germination” – a couple have germinated, going to have to be patient with the others
- Gaura Lindheimeri: 21-60 days – got lots of these, they germinated quickly and easily
Out of this batch I’m looking forward to the Dierama and Gaura. I’m going to have to go shopping again for more seed trays for the Autumn seeds that will be sown in about two month’s time. I’m also going to need many small pots to pot on all the above.
I do get a thrill out of sowing seeds and seeing them germinate and grow. The hardest part is going to finding room to put all these plants. We really are running out of space!